Device Driver

From: Bloch, Jack (Jack.Bloch@icn.siemens.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 07:49:08 EST

I have written a device driver for a cPCI device. Thsi device driver loads
and runs successfully when my application starts (I call /sbin/insmod).
However, when I add the following line to /etc/modules.conf

alias ifp0 Icdrva0s /* my device is called ifp0 and the driver
Icdrva0s.o is stored in /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/net */

I get depmod errors. When I run depmod -e, I see that it is complaining
about all kinds of regular symbols (ioremap, pci_register_driver to name but
a few). What am I doing wrong? Please CC me directly on any responses.

Thanks in advance,

Jack Bloch
Siemens ICN
phone (561) 923-6550