Re: linux kernel conf 0.8

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 13:47:16 EST

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> ls rrunner*
> should show me not only the implementation [.c + .h] but also
> the configuration.

I agree with you, but only if we _always_ have one config file per driver.

Which is not necessarily the wrong thing to do.

But as long as most drivers are in "grouped" config files, they should be
things like "Config.3com" etc.

Looking at existing big config files (video, networking), they do _not_
group according to driver, but according to other criteria (ie "PCI card",
"100/1000 Mbit", "3com", "Sparc-specific" etc).

                Linus