Re: BK kernel commits list

From: Skip Ford (skip.ford@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 15:32:35 EST

Robert Love wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 15:48, Jeff Garzik wrote:
>
> > Actually, after subscribing to bk-commits-* and seeing the output,
> > I really think the only addition needed is to pipe the output
> > through diffstat.
>
> I think this would be cool, too.
>
> I also like Daniel's suggestion of having the sender's _name_ by the
> name attributed with the patch (or at least "BK Commit" or something).
>
> But nothing _needs_ to be done. This works great. Good job, Dave and
> Co.

I agree. Thanks to David Woodhouse for feeding it and DaveM for
creating it.

I'd like to suggest that once Linus makes a release and all of the
changeset diffs are wiped out on kernel.org, that a message be sent to
bk-commits indicating that. Nothing fancy, just an empty message with a
subject of "--MARK--" would be nice. But either way, it's a great
list.

--
Skip