Re: Watchdog drivers

From: Randy.Dunlap (rddunlap@osdl.org)
Date: Sun Oct 13 2002 - 17:31:12 EST

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Russell King wrote:

| On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 07:40:41PM +0200, Wim Van Sebroeck wrote:
| > I'm reviewing the different watchdog drivers and started porting the features
| > that have been added in the 2.4 kernel to the 2.5 development kernel.
| > I now wondered if it would make sence to put all watchdog drivers in
| > drivers/char/watchdog/ instead of in drivers/char ?
| > Please comments.
|
| Rob Radez has been doing a lot of work in this area; I thought he
| was going to do the 2.5 drivers as well (or his last mail on the
| 8 August seemed to imply that.) Not sure what happened.
|
| Rob?

Rob has gone off to school and apparently has little time
for such trivial stuff. :)

His (2.4.19-preN) patches used to live at http://junker.org/~rradez/wd/
but I can't get to that web server now.
I do have a copy of the patch file that was there if Wim
or anyone needs/wants it.

--
~Randy
  "In general, avoiding problems is better than solving them."