Re: [rfc][patch] Memory Binding API v0.3 2.5.41

From: Matthew Dobson (colpatch@us.ibm.com)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 19:38:29 EST

Martin J. Bligh wrote:
>>>4) An ordered zone list is probably the more natural mapping.
>>
>>See my comments above about per zone/memblk. And you reemphasize my point, how do we order the zone lists in such a way that a user of the API can easily know/find out what zone #5 is?
> Could you explain how that problem is different from finding out
> what memblk #5 is ... I don't see the difference?
Errm... __memblk_to_node(5)

I"m not saying that we couldn't add a similar interface for zones...
something along the lines of:
        __memblk_and_zone_to_flat_zone_number(5, DMA)
or some such. It just isn't there now...

Also, right now, memblks map to nodes in a straightforward manner (1-1
on NUMA-Q, the only architecture that has defined them). It will likely
look the same on most architectures, too.

Cheers!

-Matt