Re: AMD PCNet adapter

From: Anthony Martinez (i_am_pi_@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 11:13:10 EST

>From: jbradford@dial.pipex.com
>To: i_am_pi_@hotmail.com (Anthony Martinez)
>Subject: Re: AMD PCNet adapter
>Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:58:28 +0100 (BST)
>
> > Hello
> > Are there modem drivers available for an AMD PCNet adapter, chip
>AM79C978XC,
> > or is this even the right place to ask?
> >
> > This card has both ethernet and modem ports, and works with the windoze
> > drivers.
> >
> > I saw some discussion about an AM79C973 in the archives, but that was an
> > ethernet card.
>
>What _is_ a PCNet adaptor???

This card has modem and ethernet ports. Since we're not going to be
connecting this box via ethernet, i need modem drivers for the thing (either
that or a real modem that works, but you can't help with that :))

>AM79C978 is an Ethernet chipset as far as I know, and it is supported
>by Linux, via the pcnet32.c driver.
>
>John.
Pi

PS: I found some drivers sitting around on AMD's webpage, i'll compile them
when I get home, or take a modem that's sitting around here.