Re: NatSemi Geode improvement

From: Dave Jones (davej@suse.de)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 07:10:10 EST

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 11:29:01AM +0900, Hiroshi Miura wrote:
> I try now using set6x86 to set these registers, then can do most of these
> except for set_cx86_memwb().
>
> To set the memory write-back, I need to set the CR0 which needs special previlleges.
> set6x86 cannot set CR0.
>
> the set_cx86_memwb() need to be done in the kernel
> the others has no reason to do that.
> it is ok?

It's all __init anyway, so it's ok I guess.
The added bloat for non-cyrix users is in the region of a few bytes...

My initial idea for this sort of thing was going to be to dump it
all in the early-userspace thing that Al Viro was hacking up.
Al, anything appearing in a last minute merge over the next
few days ?

        Dave