Re: patch for linux/usb.h

From: Greg KH (greg@kroah.com)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 16:51:57 EST

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 11:45:19PM +0200, Wiktor Wodecki wrote:
> > > +} urb_t;
> > > -};
> >
> > No, that's not "missing" it was taken out because it should have never
> > gotten there in the first place.
>
> hmmm, it might "not be a good thing" to change an interface in a stable
> kernel series. this, for example, broke my quickcam express video cam
> driver. It might be wrong there, however I think we should leave it
> there...not apply this to 2.5 then

Sorry, but I fixed up all in-kernel instances of this usage. If you
want to keep a driver outside of the main kernel tree, you're going to
have to get used to things like this. In fact, this is a very minor
change, wait until some of the other USB API changes that have happened
in 2.5 get backported to 2.4 :)

Good luck,

greg k-h