Re: NCR adaptor doesn't see devices (was: 2.5.43 aic7xxx segfault)

From: Bill Davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 13:33:54 EST

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:

> Hello Davidsen , I hope the Sym-2 driver is what you are using ?
> From the dmesg output I suspect that is not the case . If there
> is only the one Symbios/LSI driver I hope it is the Sym-2
> version . Hth , JimL

No, the sym-anything seems to be for the newer chopsets, and not the old
ncr825. I believe I tried 2.5.38 or so with that driver and it couldn't
find a device it liked. I'll try building that module again, but it didn't
work and I thought it might be causing a problem trying.

Also note that the driver inserts and fails twice (see dmesg) which is not
intuitive to me.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc