Re: workaround for Cyrix MediaGX/NSC Geode companion CS5510/5520 PIT latch bug

From: Christer Weinigel (christer@weinigel.se)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 14:16:41 EST

Alan Cox <alan@redhat.com> writes:

> > with this patch, timejumps or timebacks don't occurs.
> > This patch also removes dodgy_tsc() workaround.
> >
> > this patch tried on mini note-PC CASSIOPEIA FIVA http://www.casio.co.jp/mpc/103/
> > you can get spec from http://www.da-cha.org/fiva/fiva.html
>
> Excellent. My wife has a 5520 based system and I can test it there too. Dave
> if Windows always generates that delayed sequence (which btw the docs say
> the delay is required...) it may explain the similar VIA weirdness

I have seen a similar problem with a Geode SC1200 based system which
basically is a GX1 and a CS5530 integrated on one chip. I'm starting
to wonder if the same bug has popped up again in the newer chip.

Unfortunately, I haven't got access to the troublesome system anymore
so I can't test the patch.

  /Christer

Freelance consultant specializing in device driver programming for Linux Christer Weinigel <christer@weinigel.se> http://www.weinigel.se - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/