Re: Question: Favorite Linux kernel book?

From: David Gómez (david@pleyades.net)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 16:42:27 EST

Hi Eric,

> I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for reading
> material to introduce the Linux kernel, design & code.

I recommend you the book 'Understanding the Linux kernel' from O'Reilly,
though it's mainly based in 2.2 kernel, with some comments on new features
in 2.4, still contains a lot o good information about how the kernel 'guts' ;)
work. A book that you shouldn't miss.

--
David Gómez

"The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/