Re: Any hope of fixing shutdown power off for SMP?

From: J.A. Magallon (jamagallon@able.es)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 18:51:07 EST

On 2002.10.20 Jurriaan wrote:
>From: Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
>Date: Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 03:40:22PM -0400
>> I've beaten this dead horse before, but it still irks me that Linux can't
>> power down an SMP system. People claim that it can't be done safely, but
>> maybe somone can reverse engineer NT if we aren't up to the job.
>>
>I'm trying to find out the same. So far:

There are patches both in the -ac and -aa tree to make smp kernels shut
down properly, even to support full APM if you have enough luck. shutdown
works fine on my smp box...

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon@able.es>      \                 Software is like sex:
werewolf.able.es                         \           It's better when it's free