Re: Listmaster request: Blacklist rms@gnu.org

From: Murray J. Root (murrayr@brain.org)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 20:40:15 EST

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 06:27:37PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Hi Matti, hi Dave,
>
> I've adjusted my procmail filters now, still people using web archives
> suffer from Richard's ignorance of the technical charta, his bad
> trolling and offending everyone on the list. As his previous posts
> have been of a similar "quality" I'd like to request blacklisting him
> from the vger list.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Christoph

Much as I disagree with Stallman about nearly everything, and much as I agree
that his posts recently have been way off-topic, I cannot agree with such a
disgusting and unethical solution. Silencing one viewpoint simply because you
disagree with it is just ... well, I don't use that kind of language.
Many people have started offtopic threads here without anyone suggesting they
be blacklisted, so I can only assume the suggestion here is based on the content
and not just the general off-topic nature. Most free-speech advocates would
find such a thing disgusting at best.

--
Murray J. Root
DISCLAIMER: http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/