Re: Son of crunch time: the list v1.2.

From: george anzinger (george@mvista.com)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 01:53:32 EST

Rob Landley wrote:

> On Monday 21 October 2002 22:20, Robert Love wrote:
> > On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 17:42, Rob Landley wrote:
>
> > George said he would change the code to meet Linus's issues (re the sub
> > jiffies stuff). But there was not much debate either way, and I suspect
> > George may in fact be correct.
>
> Anybody know if he made this change?

Uh, what I will offer is:
1.) Posix clock & timers NOT HIGH RES
2.) A three patch set to put in high-res-timers:
   a.) The core kernel timer.c stuff
   b.) The i386 high res stuff
   c.) A patch to increase the POSIX clocks & timers to high
res.

> > George also offered an interface-only version of the patch that
> > implements the POSIX clocks and timers syscalls, without the high
> > resolution support, so it would be nice to at the very least merge the
> > missing POSIX functionality.
> >
> > Robert Love
>
> Any comments on which of these three patches Linus should personally have the
> opportunity to turn down after the 27th?
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers

None of them :) I will post a new set against the latest
kernel. Working....

-g

--
George Anzinger   george@mvista.com