Ejecting an orinoco card causes hang

From: peterc@gelato.unsw.edu.au
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 20:18:52 EST

Hi Davids,
   I see the following problems with the orinoco plus cardbus plus
yenta_socket system on 2.5.44.
I'm using a Netgear MA401.

1. cardctl reset gives a warning:
      orinoco_lock() called with hw_unavailable.
    I added a call to dump_stack() where the message was being printed
    out --- it's happening when pcmcia_release_configuration() calls
    set_socket, which calls yenta_get_socket() which calls set_cis_map
    which causes an interrupt, and then orinoco_interrupt reports the
    problem. So it's probably benign.

2. cardctl eject gives a warning, Bad: scheduling while atomic. I
    think this is a generic problem, not orinoco-specific ---
    pcmcia_eject_card() disables interrupts, then calls do_shutdown()
    which calls cs_sleep(), and cs_sleep() tries to sleep (but with
    interrupts disabled, bad)

3. Manually ejecting the card (without doing a cardctl eject first)
    locks the machine solid. Nothing in the logs, nothing on the
    screen. I suspect it's disabling interrupts then doing something
    silly.

4. Transferring lots of data causes the link to collapse, and the
    logs to fill up with `eth0: Error -110 writing Tx descriptor to
    BAP' messages

--
Dr Peter Chubb				    peterc@gelato.unsw.edu.au
You are lost in a maze of BitKeeper repositories, all almost the same.