Re: 2.5 Problem Report Status

From: jbradford@dial.pipex.com
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 09:14:20 EST

> > > 2.5 Kernel Problem Reports as of 22 Oct
> > > Status Discussion Problem Title
> > >
> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > open 17 Oct 2002 IDE not powered down on shutdown
> > > 55. http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103476420012508&w=2
> > >
> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > open 22 Oct 2002 2.5.44 fs corruption
> > > 77. http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103532467828806&w=2
> > >
> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Any possibility that the above two problems are related - I.E. disks
> > are not being flushed properly on shutdown?
>
> Possibly. I would be suprised however

Alan - have there been any changes to the flush/spindown code between
2.5.42 and 2.5.44? I remember a discussion about a month ago where
you said that it's necessary to do both, but that the order could be
wrong. I am seriously begining to suspect that something is
definitely wrong, because I can actually hear the disk spindown for a
fraction of a second, then spin up again, (at least with 2.5.43, so
far not with 2.5.44).

John.