Re: Workqueues and the Nvidia driver

From: Ashwin Sawant (sawant_ashwin@rediffmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 07:59:51 EST

Regarding the problems with the nvidia driver on 2.5.44, the
problem is, as Dave suggested, the GPL-only workqueues. I changed
(for personal use) the relevant EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPLs to
EXPORT_SYMBOLs in workqueue.c. It works quite fine even though it
is a bit unstable.
Adding a MODULE_LICENSE("GPL") line to the nvidia driver would
have been quicker but I don't somehow think that's allowed :)
Cheers,
Ashwin.