2.5.44: Still has KVM + Mouse issues

From: Jon Grimm (jgrimm2@us.ibm.com)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 18:57:24 EST

Hello,
        I see that Thomas Molina 2.5 problem list no longer carries a KVM and
mouse
issue where it previously had.

        If a fix is available I'd love to test it out as I still see strange
behavior
with an Intellimouse and my MasterView CS-104 KVM switch (yep its
old).

        With a few trusty printks, it looks like after I switch away & back
into 2.5.44, the mouse is now sending 3 byte packets instead of the 4 it
previously was.

        As you can imagine this causes all sorts of havok as the packets are
interpretted completely wrong from there on out. If there is enough
delay between
events, the synchonization logic kicks in and throws the packet out,
since
it thinks the 4th byte is old (where it is really the first byte of the
next
3-byte packet). This generates those pesky "psmouse.c: Lost
synchronization "..
However, much of the time an incorrect 4-byte frame gets interpretted
and
the X going totally haywire.

BTW, serio_rescan() gets the mouse back into a happy 4-byte generating
state.

Best Regards,
Jon Grimm