Re: Oops in kswapd, 2.4.19 kernel and before

From: Morten Helgesen (morten.helgesen@nextframe.net)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 05:47:20 EST

Hey Hugo,

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 10:24:39AM +0000, Hugo Mills wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is the third time I've tried to report this problem, with no
> response so far. One last try. If you're not interested, please tell
> me and I won't bother you any more...
>
> I'm getting regular oopsen in kswapd on my 2.4.19 kernel. They
> generally appear to happen while running Amanda (a tape backup
> utility) -- although I've not identified exactly which component of
> Amanda triggers it. The machine is lightly stressed with regard to
> memory usage, although I suspect much of it is (currently) swapped out
> (I'm running postgres and apache, but they don't get much use at the
> moment):

[snip]

I think this is the same issue I reported here :
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103226236223247&w=2

Upgrading to 2.4.20-pre7 has solved the problem for me ... Haven`t
had time to look into what actually caused/fixed it.

== Morten

--

"Livet er ikke for nybegynnere" - sitat fra en klok person.

mvh Morten Helgesen UNIX System Administrator & C Developer Nextframe AS admin@nextframe.net / 93445641 http://www.nextframe.net - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/