Re: cpufreq: Intel(R) SpeedStep(TM) for this processor not (yet) available

From: Ducrot Bruno (poup@poupinou.org)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 06:15:34 EST

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 10:56:11AM +0200, Marc Giger wrote:
> Hi list, Hi Dominik
>
> Why is cpufreq on my laptop not available? I know it works with window$.
> My laptop has an Intel P3 speedstep cpu which supports 600Mhz and 500Mhz clock frequency. Will it be supported in the future?
>
> Some additional infos:

Ask Intel. There is _no_ technical informations from Intel
about their SpeedStep technology. All is done for now by guessing,
reverse engeenering, etc. Only a subset of chipsets can
work for now, and you do not have the one that cpufreq support.
I heard also that it could work soon, but absolutely nothing
is guarantied if Intel continue to withhold their
documentations. You can join cpufreq mailing list if
you want to help on this topic.

Cheers,

--
Ducrot Bruno