Re: [Bug] 2.5.44-ac2 cdrom eject panic

From: Jens Axboe (axboe@suse.de)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 09:58:50 EST

On Mon, Oct 28 2002, Markus Plail wrote:
> * Jens Axboe writes:

> >>Interesting, have no tried readcd at all myself. Will give it a spin and
> >>fix this tomorrow.
>
> >It uses SCSI_IOCTL_SEND_COMMAND ioctl, an old piece of crap interface
> >instead of libscg. I can add the 50 lines or so to emulate that ioctl,
> >but it would probably be better if readcd just got converted to use
> >libscg instead.
>
> OK. Can you get in touch with Jörg to get that sorted out? Or should I
> post to cdwrite ML?

I'm trying to get it fixed, it looks as though I may have been premature
in saying that it uses SCSI_IOCTL_SEND_COMMAND is the reason it doesn't
work (of course I found this out after doing the complete emulation!).
Basically, from an strace, it looks as if ioctl(.., SG_IO, ..) returns
-ENOTTY after another ioctl does so even though it has completed many
times in the past on the same fd. Strange.

So no worries, I'll get it sorted. And I do talk to Joerg from time to
time myself.

--
Jens Axboe