Re: writepage return value check in vmscan.c

From: chrisl@vmware.com
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 13:44:20 EST

They are the same as shmfs to linux kernel. Why does vmware not use it
in the first place? It is possible due to some the history reason.

BTW, I have another question. For the 8G memory machine, do we need
to setup 16G swap space? Think about the time it take to write 16G
data, does it still make sense that swap space is twice as big as
memory?

And the swap partition has limit as 2G. So we need to setup 8 swap
partitions if we want 16G swap.

Thanks

Chris