2.5.44: what's .tmp_export-objs for?

From: Rob Landley (landley@trommello.org)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 11:54:16 EST

I accidentally did a 2.5.44 kernel build as root rather than my normal user,
so I'm trying to see what clean steps I need to so (as root) to be able to
build the tree again. A normal make clean failed (permission denied deleting
files), so I did an su and a make clean. Exit back to normal user, make
clean, life is good, do a make dep, and it complains about the directory
.tmp_export-objs.

1) Why does the build process use a hidden directory?

2) Why isn't make clean removing something with "tmp" in the name?

Just curious,

Rob

--
http://penguicon.sf.net - Terry Pratchett, Eric Raymond, Pete Abrams, Illiad,
CmdrTaco, liquid nitrogen ice cream, and caffienated jello.  Well why not?