Re: crc error on boot (2.4.20-pre11 gcc 3.2-mdk) (Update)

From: Max Valdez (maxvaldez@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 11:28:59 EST

Hi again:

Just after a lilo -v from old kernel and reboot, the new kernel
(2.4.20-pre11) came up just fine, I might have a hard disk problem, or
something like that...

Thanks for the replyes from Alan Cox and J.A. Magallon

Just a few side comments, 2.4.19-smp kernel from MDK 9.0 didnt saw all
my 1GB RAM, had the tendency to crash under heavy HD writes, and made
virtual os (winxp) under vmware run a little bit slower than other
kernels, and to use too much "unnecesary" swap file(wish made my box
slower too), I'm not experiencing none of those problems right now.

Max