Re: [patch] sys_epoll 0.14 ...

From: Andrew Morton (akpm@digeo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 22:35:14 EST

Davide Libenzi wrote:

> Thanks to Andrew and John suggestions I coded another version of the
> sys_epoll patch ( 0.13 skipped ... superstition :) ). I won't send the
> patch to not waste bandwidth, the patch is available here :
>
> http://www.xmailserver.org/linux-patches/sys_epoll-2.5.44-last.diff
>
> Comments are welcome ...

Looking good to me, Davide. I think you've nailed everything there
except:

- Do we want to introduce new list macros, or change epoll a little
  to use the existing list manipulators (I think the latter)

- Do we keep the vmalloc, replace it with alloc_pages() or go all the
  way and remove the hash table?

  Seems that you're leaning toward the final option but either way,
  it would be best to get that vmalloc out of there - it's basically
  hit-or-miss for anything larger than a single page - for a really
  robust implementation it is best to avoid its use.