Re: [2.5 patch] allow only one Toshiba Type-O IR Port driver in the kernel

From: Adrian Bunk (bunk@fs.tum.de)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 07:14:26 EST

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:

> > But as stated above my patch doesn't affect the case when both drivers are
> > modular which is usually the desired setup when you want to switch between
> > the two drivers.
>
> I personally prefer to make the driver code cleaner rather
> than making the config/Makefile rules more complex. I believe that in
> the long run, it always pay to keep things simple.
> But, I'm not religious about it.

The only thing I'm religious about is that a kernel with a valid .config
shouldn't produce compile errors.

> How do we proceed ? Do you want to send patches yourself
> directly, or do you want to wait until I send my next IrDA update ?

I'll wait until you send the fix you prefer at the next IrDA update.

> Regards,
> Jean

cu
Adrian

--

"Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days. "Only a promise," Lao Er said. Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed