Re: [patch] use asm-generic/topology.h

From: Peter Rival (frival@zk3.dec.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 20:42:52 EST

Matthew Dobson wrote:

> Anton Blanchard wrote:
> > Hi Matt,
> >

> >>use_generic_topology.patch
> >>
> >>This patch changes ppc64 & alpha to use the generic topology.h for the
> >>non-NUMA case rather than redefining the same macros. It is much easier
> >>to maintain one set of generic non-NUMA macros than several.
> >

> > Looks good from the ppc64 perspective.
> >
> > Anton
>
> Glad to have the positive feedback. It doesn't really change how
> anything works, just eliminates duplicate code and makes modifying the
> generic behavior simpler.
>
> Anyone that works with alpha want to verify that I haven't inadvertently
> hosed your topology file?

I'd say six of one, half-dozen of the other. I've been working with another
engineer on updated patches that among other things make NUMA work on Alpha
again. We're also re-working much of the surrounding code, including much of
this file anyway - Marvel uses a much different topology than Wildfire.

It looks fine to me, but realistically the only opinion I can give for real is
a shoulder shrug, as I'm not exactly sure when the code will be ready for
submission. Actually, the patch looks just like a part of the patch we have
working, just without Marvel support. Then again, I suppose IBM would have a
hard time doing that, huh? ;)

 - Pete