Re: What's left over.

From: Trever L. Adams (tadams-lists@myrealbox.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 05:16:04 EST

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 21:31, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> > ext2/ext3 ACLs and Extended Attributes
>
> I don't know why people still want ACL's. There were noises about them for
> samba, but I'v enot heard anything since. Are vendors using this?

I am sure I don't count (not being a vendor), but Intermezzo offers
support for this (they are waiting on feature freeze to redo it to 2.5
according to an email I have). I want this stuff. Yes, u+g+w is nice,
but good ACLs are even better. Please, if this is technically correct
in implementation, do put it in.

Thank you,
Trever