PROBLEM REPORT 2.4.20-rc1: sundance.c

From: Stephan von Krawczynski (skraw@ithnet.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 11:38:34 EST

Hello all,

I'd like to point out that (at least) the network driver sundance.c has weird
flaws when trying to use more than MAX_UNITS (8) cards at the same time. Since
this driver can be used for DFE-580TX 4 port network card it is really easy to
get more than 8 ports :-)
In fact the driver does check against MAX_UNITS, but does _not_ fail if you go
through the roof. Instead you can expect really interesting ifconfig-outputs
;-)
IMHO it should check and fail. I wonder what other card drivers do in such a
case ...

--
Regards,
Stephan