Xiafs inclusion in 2.5?

From: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger (c-d.hailfinger.kernel.2002-Q4@gmx.net)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 14:22:48 EST

Hello Linus,

somewhere back in 2000, you wrote:
> Who still remembers xiafs? We have 33 different filesystems in the kernel
> tree - something that is quite impressive, and something that I don't
> think anybody else has ever tried to support. But we could have had 34..

Out of curiosity, would you reaccept xiafs in 2.5, if it was cleaned up and
forward ported to use the new interfaces?
And if you accept it, what's the latest date I could submit it? Technically,
it is a regression, ;-) so the feature freeze date might not apply.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

P.S. I do not want to start a flamewar, it's just that I understood your
mail from back then as a call for a xiafs maintainer.