Re: Reiser vs EXT3

From: David Lang (david.lang@digitalinsight.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 20:16:25 EST

One thing that concerns me is the warning to only use a filesystem created
in a certin way for the benchmark, don't use a tar of an ext2/3 filesystem
as that will kill performance.

they say taht there will be a tool to fix this in 4.1, but this makes me
treat the benchmark as a 'best possible' test case and expect the
real-world performance to be considerably worse (how much worse who knows,
I haven't seen anyone try to do worst-case performance tests on it)

David Lang