Re: post-halloween 0.2

From: Bill Davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 20:29:03 EST

On 31 Oct 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 00:47, Dave Jones wrote:

> > I'd agree that it would make sense to at least remove some of the
> > lesser maintained drivers. Linus didnt seem to keen on the idea
> > last time I proposed it.
>
> OSS hasnt worked on SMP between about 2.5.35 and 2.5.44 so I dont think
> its that major 8)

Thank you, since all the systems I have been using for 2.5 testing are
SMP, I just thought sound was broken in general. And still may be, since I
found that some audio CD's I burned with 2.5 are just noise while the same
hardware burned CD's from the same batch of blanks using 2.4.19+patches.
Using SMP. I'll try a uni burn tomorrow.

> Mostly I'm working on the NCR5380 first. That happens to be attached to
> my scanner so spinning for 15 seconds in IRQ context is annoying me 8)

I can't get the aha142x working either, if you're looking for stuff to do
;-)

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc