Re: What's left over.

From: Henning P. Schmiedehausen (hps@intermeta.de)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 04:18:22 EST

Patrick Finnegan <pat@purdueriots.com> writes:

>> What's so hard to understand about the "vendor-driven" thing, and why do
>> people continue to argue about it?

>Because I'm not a vendor, and I want it.

So get your vendor to integrate it.

You don't have a vendor, but roll your own kernels? Tough, so you're
are a "vendor". Surprise, surprise.

Replace "vendor" with "people who roll up and distribute kernels". So
one vendor (Linus) refuses to integrate LKCD. Tough. Use another
one. Think USP here. Think diversity. Think competition. Maybe "that
vendor" (Linus) will catch up one day. Maybe not. Maybe "competition"
is not on his agenda. So what?

Get SuSE. They will integrate everything and their grand mother in
their kernels.

Gee, most people seem to think that "vendor" means "big evil
corporation in Redmont, WA".

        Regards
                Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22 Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0 info@intermeta.de D-91054 Buckenhof Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20 - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/