Re: PROBLEM REPORT 2.4.20-rc1: sundance.c

From: Stephan von Krawczynski (skraw@ithnet.com)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 09:54:31 EST

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:04:10 -0500
Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com> wrote:

> Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
>
> >Hello all,
> >
> >I'd like to point out that (at least) the network driver sundance.c has
> >weird flaws when trying to use more than MAX_UNITS (8) cards at the same
> >time. Since
> >

> Smileys nonwithstanding, you need to include far more information
>
> Please define "weird flaws"... explicitly.

I am experiencing dropped packets as sundance RX side when simple nfs copying
takes places. These are at a rate of about 1-2% of RX packets. I call it
"weird" because I cannot see a definitive problem location in the driver
source. fact stays one simple copy drops packets, something I never saw in the
same setup (same cabling, same mainboard) with tulip cards.
I know that this is a hell of a "bug-report", but I really want to point out
only a strange difference between tulip-setup and sundance-setup.

--
Regards,
Stephan