Patch(2.5.45): move io_restrictions to blkdev.h

From: Adam J. Richter (adam@yggdrasil.com)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 13:51:19 EST

        This patch makes good on a threat that I posted yesterday
to move struct io_restrictions from <linux/device-mapper.h> to
<linux/blkdev.h>, eliminating duplication of a list of fields in
struct request_queue.

        This change makes it easier to manipulate these parameters as
a group, which should allow simplification of a number of drivers that
currently manipulate a subset of these parameters. I believe it will
enable a number of clean-ups, but I have deliberately not make most of
those clean-ups in this version, because I would like to first get
this infrastructure adjustment done as reliably as possible, hopefully
for 2.5.46.

        By the way, eventually, this change should also make it easier
to lift the mergability tests out of the block layer and make them
work on gather-scatter DMA in general.

        I am running this patch now. Well, actually, the ll_rw_blk.c
that I'm including here is different from the one that I use, because
I have a bunch of other changes in the version of that file that I
actually use, but the version in this patch compiles without warnings
and the changes are trivial.

        Jens, can I persuade you to integrate this change?

--
Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   575 Oroville Road
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  Milpitas, California 95035