Re: Kconfig (qt) -> Gconfig (gtk)

From: Rando Christensen (rando@babblica.net)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 20:15:11 EST

Sat, 2 Nov 2002 20:36:08 +0000: Dr. David Alan Gilbert ("Dr. David Alan
Gilbert" <gilbertd@treblig.org>):

> Oh please....
> Wouldn't it be more helpful to iron the (few) small glitches out of
> the qt based one than write a new one just because you don't happen to
> like the library?

Maybe; however, there's a big difference between gtk+ and qt- gtk 1.2
take about 5 minutes to compile. The last time I compiled qt, it took
about 3 hours on my duron 800.

GTK is a lot smaller of a platform, and a lot of users prefer to use it
instead. If someone is willing to write (and maintain) a GTK+
(especially if it's ait gtk+-1.2.x. gtk-2.0 is getting a bit more
bloaty) version of it, I know quite a few people who would gladly use it
instead of the QT.

If people are willing to support both a QT and a GTK version, then there
should be no real problems.

--
< There is a light that shines on the frontier >
<   And maybe someday, We're gonna be there.   >