Re: [kconfig] Survival of scripts/Menuconfig?

From: Roman Zippel (zippel@linux-m68k.org)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 12:56:53 EST

Hi,

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Petr Baudis wrote:

> I'd like to ask if there's still a reason to keep scripts/Menuconfig in the
> tree; AFAIK it's not used at all anymore, can we thus remove it? (Possibly we
> could mention its existence and basic credits at the top of
> scripts/kconfig/mconf.c, which is at least partially based on it?) If the
> answer is yes, I'm willing to do the patch etc.

There is more to be removed, which I plan to do with the next update.

> I'm asking because I want to move the relevant lxdialog functionality to
> scripts/kconfig/mconf.c (I think it makes no sense to call lxdialog externally
> from mconf.c) and get rid of the separate lxdialog tree. And scripts/Menuconfig
> is the only other user of lxdialog.

What do you plan to do with it exactly?
In any case could you start with a copy of mconf.c? We are past feature
freeze now, so it makes little sense to remove lxdialog, but it could be
distributed separately together with the qt/gtk version.

bye, Roman