Re: [ANNOUNCE] Open POSIX Test Suite

From: Andreas Dilger (adilger@clusterfs.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 21:26:23 EST

On Nov 04, 2002 16:44 -0800, Geoff Gustafson wrote:
> Another problem is the overhead of the TET framework. One of the goals of
> this the new test suite is to have test cases which are utterly minimal.
> So far, each test case has its own main() function and a bare minimum of
> surrounding code. The idea is that when a bug is found, this one .c file
> can be sent to the appropriate developer, and without any learning curve,
> they have the ability to find their bug. I don't think LKML wants to see
> TET code posted here. :)

Having suffered through using the TET framework for the Open Group POSIX
test suite, I would agree that using TET sucks. The code is so convoluted
as to be useless, and it is nearly impossible to see from the output what
it is actually doing.

I agree that having a simple C or shell or perl script which is the entire
test, and the rest of the framework is external to it is very desirable.

Cheers, Andreas