Re: PATCH: Driver Maintainers

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 15:16:14 EST

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 18:43, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> to remove potential problematic entries from already-released kernels? In
> other words, wouldn't it be better to have some nice place on the web and
> a pointer to that in the kernel sources?

Fair comment. I can happily put it on a web site with a pointer instead
any preferences to a location like kernel.org or just 'wherever'

Splitting it up by company is easy enough to do - split the web page
into "Interested in contracts below $1000, $10000, $100000, $1M, ..."
sections

One could construct a verifiable non-repuditable rating scheme I guess.
That depends if its worth it

        "People who paid for bug fixes in the 3c501 driver also bought
         MacIIfx support contracts..."