Re: [BUGS 2.5.45]

From: Steven Newbury (lkml@ntlworld.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 16:36:17 EST

Nico Schottelius wrote:
> Hello again!
>
> 1)
> As you'll all have noticed, the makefile for the build wants QT installed for
> a simple build process.
>
> 2)
> PCMCIA module ds.o cannot be loaded -> somehow the kernel denies that.
>
> 3)
> atimach64 console driver makes blank screen on
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage P/M Mobility AGP 2x (rev 64)
>
> I know, the video driver didn't work in any kernel version, but I am interested
> in fixing that. I don't know where the problem is located, but I would beta
> test drivers, if available. I would also help to trace down the problem,
> with little help from the developers.
>
> Is there any development with this driver ? Or is it simply dead? I can't
> find any contact in any of the kernel source files...
I have the same result here:
00:0e.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage XL (rev 27)

I was also surprised to notice that there is no support in X for FBDev
with mach64 cards. I was under the impression that they used to be
common on older powermacs where the fbdev was essential.

I guess the place to check on the status is the linux-fbdev-devel list.