Re: your mail

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 20:39:17 EST

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, David Mosberger wrote:

> Mario> I know that on some commercial Unix systems there are ways to
> Mario> cap the CPU utilization by user/group ids are there such
> Mario> features/patches available on Linux?

> The kernel patches available from this URL are pretty old (up to
> 2.4.6, as far as I could see), and I'm not sure what the future plans
> for PRM on Linux are. Perhaps someone else can provide more details.

I'm (slowly) working on a per-user fair scheduler on top of Ingo's
O(1) scheduler. Slowly because it's a fairly complex thing.

Once that is done it should be possible to change the accounting
to other resource containers and generally have fun assigning
priorities, though that is beyond the scope of what I'm trying to
achieve.

cheers,

Rik

http://www.surriel.com/		http://distro.conectiva.com/