Re: 2.5-bk AT_GID clash

From: Steve Lord (lord@sgi.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 12:33:18 EST

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 11:16, Rusty Russell wrote:
> In message <20021112011858.GB19877@gagarin> you write:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the new module-api making module.h including elf.h have exposed a name clash
> > in xfs:
> >
> > include/linux/elf.h:175:#define AT_GID 13 /* real gid */
> > fs/xfs/linux/xfs_vnode.h:547:#define AT_GID 0x00000008
> >
> > Can one be renamed?
>
> Probably should be. I don't use AT_GID from memory, maybe somewhere
> else in the kernel is.
>
> > Maybe module.h shouldn't be including elf.h, that afaik is needed by the
> > arch-specific module loaders and not by all modules. A split into
> > module.h for the modules and moduleloader.h for the arch-spec-loaders?
>
> This might be OK too, but in practice I don't think much will be in
> moduleloader.h: asm/module.h only really defines struct
> mod_arch_specific, which is embedded in struct module, and struct
> module needs to be exposed for those inlines...

But does everyone who wants to implement a module need to be exposed
to all the details of the elf header?

Steve

--

Steve Lord voice: +1-651-683-3511 Principal Engineer, Filesystem Software email: lord@sgi.com - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/