Linux 2.5.47-ac2

From: Alan Cox (alan@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 20:30:00 EST

** I strongly recommend saying N to IDE TCQ options otherwise this
   should hopefully build and run happily.

This contains new IDE stuff. Exercise the usual caution.

Linux 2.5.47-ac2
o Pull remaining nommu mm oddments (me)
        | With the final merge actively being worked on stale oddments in
        | the -ac tree dont actually help anyone
o Add more documentation to ide.c (me)
        | Pavel hopefully that'll help get the pm handling right
o Comment more bits of ide-io.c (me)
o Update mpt fusion driver (Pam Delaney)
o Remove Alan's ugly device mapper hack (me)
o Move vmalloc into the dm codebase (Joe Thornber)
o Switch dm to set_disk_ro (Al Viro)
o Use bit lists to keep track of minors (Joe Thornber)
o Fix device mapper devfs control bits (Joe Thornber)
o Remove dm use of compactmac.h (Joe Thornber)
o Latest and greatest Intel ACPI code (Andrew Grover)
o Fix i2o error in misc_register error check (Michael Still)
o DVB cleanup and updates plkus two new front ends(Holger Waechtler)

Linux 2.5.47-ac1
o Fix ARP seq_file support (Arnaldo Carvalho de
                                                         Melo)
o Fix ipt_TCPMSS (Felipe Damasio)
o Fix SX detect logic (Rogier Wolff)
o ATM printk quieten (Paul Komkoff)
o Switch ips scsi driver to request_region (Marcus Alanen)
o siscsi scsi_register failure handler (Michael Still)
o Fix head.S comment (Pavel Machek)
o Fix missing bttv header update (Brendan Burns)
o Add Zwane Mwaikambo to CREDITS (Zwane Mwaikambo)
o Fix SETTRIGGER mishandling in i810 audio (Paul Stewart)
o Fix aacraid build (Mark Haverkamp)
o Update the magic number table in the docs (Petr Baudis)
o Fix serverworks IDE mode reporting (Julian Blake)
o bitops.h leaves "ADDR" defined (Denis Vlasenko)
o Forward port ide_cs locking fixups from 2.4 (me)
o The NS SCx200 IDE driver (Mark Lord)
o Split ide.c into ide-io.c and ide.c (me)
o Fix bttv uninitialized timer (Andrew Morton)
o Make the IDE argument names saner for iops (Geert Uytterhoeven)
o Improve longhaul support for earlier VIA (Dave Jones)
o Add missing jfs acl file (Dave Kleikamp)
o Fix cs46xx compile (Chris Friesen)
o Further eata/u14-34f updates (Dario Ballabio)
o Merge all the megaraid changes together (Matt Domsch)

Linux 2.5.46-ac1
- Merge Linux 2.4.46
* Fix binutils objcopy fail (Kai Germaschewski)
o Remove old soundmodem driver (now userspace) (Thomas Sailer)

Linux 2.5.45-ac1
- Merge Linux 2.5.45
        - ISDN diversion no longer builds (didnt work anyway)
        - NFSv4 no longer builds
o Put MAINTAINERS back in order (me)
* Revert dangerous looking ncr53c8xx change (me)
* Revert dangerous looking sym53c8xx change (me)
* Revert dangerous looking inia100 changes (me)
* Revert dangerous looking ql1280 changes (me)
o Fix Qt check (Roman Zippel)
o Initial move of megaraid to new eh (me)
o Fix megaraid sleep/wakeup races (me)
o Remove various bits of megaraid 2.0/2.2 stuff (me)
o Fix build of ipmr (Adam J Richter)
o Fix cpqfc asm (me)
o Fix sbp2 build (me)
o Fix mpt fusion build (me)
o Fix i2o_scsi build (me)
o Minimal new_eh/locking fixes for ultrastor.c (me)
o Correct NCR5380 locking again (me)
        | Eventually I'll get it all right !
o Make i2o_scsi more polite about error recovery (me)
o Update eata_pio to new_eh and also clean up (me)
        the scsi comamnd direction handling
o Fix fd_mcs compile (me)
o Fix u14f/34f compile (me)
o Move ibmmca to new_eh basic bits (me)
o Fix eata build (me)
o Switch inia100 to new_eh (me)
o Fix nsp_cs build (me)
o Disable PnPBIOS on Gateway 5300 (me)
o PMTU build fixes (Adam J Richter)

Linux 2.5.44-ac6 (not released generally)
o Don't take locks on polled NCR5380 (me)
        | The 5380 actually works better polled than
        | IRQ for the moment
* Use longer delays on 3c509 eeprom (Zwane Mwaikambo)
        | and switch to mdelay as per Jeff Garzik moan
o Update ips scsi driver to new queue logic (David Jeffery)
o Fix scsi proc oops (Mike Anderson)
* Updae eata and u14-34f drivers (Dario Ballabino)
o Kill off old style cache flush functions (David Miller)
o Kill obsolete bridge help texts (Bert Hubert)
o Ensure IDE structures are fully setup on non (Peter Denison)
        PCI boxes
o Fix non PCI ide initialization order (Peter Denison)
o Add boot98 from PC98 patches (Osamu Tomita)
o Add upd4990a driver for PC98 (Osamu Tomita)
o Add gdc PC98 console driver (Osamu Tomita)
o Add pci idents from PC98 patches (Osamu Tomita)
o Add a mach-defaults to clean up mach includes (me)
        on x86
o Merge first pieces of PC98 arch support (Osamu Tomita)
        | I/O ports, reboot is now per machine
        | FPU IRQ need not be IRQ 13
        | Redid vm86 irq rules as mach-*.h stuff
        | and yes Im sure it broke voyager
o Add floppy98 driver (Osamu Tomita)
o Fix module symbol problems for apm, x.25, (me)
        stack check debugging
o Make xconfig fix (Adrian Bunk)
o Fix proc/ksyms double init (Randy Dunlap)
o Fix gcc 3.3 compile fail on alpha (Thorsten Kranzkowski)
o Fix silly error in ibmlana fixes (me)

Linux 2.5.44-ac5
o Fix a possible corruption under load (Andrew Morton)
* Fix a possible PPA oops (me)
* Same fix for IMM (me)
o Fix build without MCE support (Dave Jones)
* Move NCR5380 to workqueue, more locking fixes (me)
* Further NCR5380 cleanup, g_NCR5380 build fix (me)
o Bring dtc driver back inline with NCR5380 (me)
        | TODO: flush workqueue before NCR5380 module unload
o Fix undefined C in se401 driver (me)
* Fix the rest of the APM compile bugs I hope (me)
o Work around makefile breakages for pcmcia scsi (me)
        | Will whoever broke vpath please fix it properly
* Make nsp_cs build with gcc 3.2 (me)
* Clean up tpqic02 for 2.5 (me)
* Update de620 to new style locking (me)
* Add pci mapping to i2o_block (me)
        | Untested
* Add pci mapping to i2o_scsi (me)
        | Untested
o Fix cpufreq for coppermine processors (Dominik Brodowski)
o Add an optional IOMMU debug to help x86 people (Andi Kleen)
        find buggy pci_map code
o Forward port 2.4 PCI methods fix (Jim Radford)
o Next set of ucLinux merge work (Christoph Hellwig)
o Use TEST_UNIT_READY for media change probe (Matthew Dharm)
* Remove last existing direct references to pci (Adam J Richter)
        driver private data
o Use faster page coping function (Manfred Spraul)
o Update ah1740 to new locks, malloc (me)
o Update fd_mcs driver to new sg lists, locks (me)
        and eh handling. Needs direction bits doing
o Update NCR53c406a to new eh, locking etc (me)
* Minimal locking fixes for eata_pio (me)
        | Still needs lots doing (eg direction handling)
o Fixed 3ware scsi build (me)
* Update cops driver to new locking (me)
* Update 3c515 driver to new locking (me)
* Update ibm lana driver to 2.5, remove compat (me)
        cruft
* Fix missing bits from the cdrom eject patch (Jens Axboe)
o Further cpia fixes (Duncan Haldane)
* Fix a wrong usb storage error code (Matthew Dharm)
- Update USB storage to new scatter gather (Matthew Dharm)
* Fix ext3 crash failing to set block size (Angus Sawyer)
* ieee1394 memcpy warning fix (me)
* Update 3c589 driver for new locking (me)
* Fix trident sound driver printk format bugs (me)

Linux 2.5.44-ac4
o Add 2.4.20-ac style /proc for ht info (Robert Love)
o Fix bd_blocksize setting case (Hugh Dickins)
o PCI bus setup now __devinit for hotplug (Ivan Kokshaysky)
o make xconfig should work again (Alex Riesen)
o Merge uclinux resync. This is now way cleaner (Christoph Hellwig)
* Update znet driver (Marc Zyngier)
* More i2o_scsi tidying (Christoph Hellwig)
* Fix a leak in the device mapper (Joe Thornber)
o Fix missed section name change (Peter Chubb)
* Fix a bug in the APM update, add comments (me)
* Merge block layer changes (Jens Axboe)
        | Should fix eject panic
* Fix warnings in baycom_epp (me)
* Fix warnings in fmvj18x, and timer_sync bug (me)
o Fix sim710 warnings (me)
o Fix pas16/t128 warnings (me)
* Allow both mmio and pio g_NCR5380 builds at once(me)
* Remove unused code from axnet_cs (me)
o Fix warning in pc300 driver (me)
o Clean up qlogicfas drivers somewhat (me)
o Fix megaraid build for pci bios changes (me)
o Fix cpu count weird reporting (Dave Jones)
o Clean up capabilities printing (Dave Jones)
o Silence mtrr debugging printk (Dave Jones)
o Split machine check per processor (Dave Jones)
- Update mpt fusion for new slave_attach handling (Peter Chubb)
o Initial speedstep testing for VIA chipset boards(Bob Renwick)

Linux 2.5.44-ac3
o Update the cciss driver (Stephen Cameron)
o Fix seagate st02 unload (me)
* Fix missing \n in i810 driver (me)
o Update Ninja SCSI PCMCIA driver (Yokota Hiroshi)
* Clean up and kill off scsi_merge (Christoph Hellwig)
o Remove niceness magic numbers (Randy Dunlap)
* Update EDD support (Matt Domsch)
o Update voyager support for IRQ stacks (James Bottomley)
- Revert do_mounts change
* Better fix for raw.c headers (Bjoern Zeeb)
* Fix ehci enumeration breakage (David Brownell)
* Update adv7175 to new style i2c (Frank Davis)
* PnP updates (Adam Belay)
o PnP conversion of CS423x to new code (Adam Belay)
* Fix APM BUG() on SMP boxes, port forward 2.4 (me)
        changes
* Update other Digi URLS (me)

Linux 2.5.44-ac2
o Merge interrupt stack support for x86 (David Hansen,
                                                         Ben LaHaise)
* Update ACPI to the latest released patch (Andrew Grover,
        | Should fix the compaq problems Ducrot Bruno, Pavel Machek)
o Kill old STATIC define in do_mounts (Frank Davis)
* Port NCR5380 to the latest kernel changes (me)
* Update Digi EPCA maintainer info (Scott Kilau)
* Update LVM2 device mapper (Joe Thornber, Christoph Hellwig)
* EATA updates (Dario Ballabio)
* Fix remaining depca ioctl bug (Peter Denison)
* Make cifs error invalid addresses nicely (Zwane Mwaikambo)
* Fix cifs oops on kmalloc failure (Zwane Mwaikambo)
* Propogate return value on cifs connect (Zwane Mwaikambo)
* cifs locking changes (Zwane Mwaikambo)
* Fix cifs oops with invalid unc (Zwane Mwaikambo)
o Resync voyager architecture support (James Bottomley)
o Spot synaptics touchpad so we dont confuse it (David Woodhouse)
o Quieten bttv debugging a bit (Bongani)
o Rip out lots of the left over pcibios_ stuff (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
o Fix reiserfs build (Steven Cole)
o Further cpia driver updates (Duncan Haldane)
* Kill tqueue.h in various other files (Martin Waitz)
o Update IRDA maintainer data (Pawel Kot)
o Add in missing read_barrier_depends for sparc (Dipankar Sarma)
* Make afs compile with older gcc (Jan Marek)
o 2.5.44 UML updates (Jeff Dike)
o Fix kmap bugs in fs/exec.c for upgrowing (Marcus Alanen)
        stack
* Add ethtool support to ewrk3 (Adam Kropelin)
* Fix up cli/sti use in ewrk3 (Denis Vlasenko)
* ewrk3 ioctl fixes (Adam Kropelin)
* Cleanup ewrk3 signature code (Adam Kropelin)
o Fix task state reporting (Daniel Jacobowitz)
* Handle casio fiva weirdness with APM extents (Hiroshi Miura)
o Add Geode target that defines OOSTORE (Hiroshi Miura, me)
o Remove dodgy_tsc handling code (Hiroshi Miura)
o Update problem PIT handling on 5510/5520 (Hiroshi Miura)
        Cyrix devices, re-enable TSC on it
o Use outb_p on CTC load up (Hiroshi Miura)
* Mark ide floppies as removable devices (Paul Bristow)
* Fix sym53c416 IRQ release problem (me)
* Update sym53c416 to new EH code (me)
o Fix subtractive decoding bridge handling (Ivan Kokshaysky)
* Fix wan driver build problems (Krzysztof Halasa)
o Allow for >32 signals on some platforms (Matthew Wilcox)

Linux 2.5.44-ac1
- Resync with Linus 2.5.43/44
* Fix net/ipv4/raw.c build problem (me)
* Fix bluetooth pcmcia builds (me)
* Fix dm includes (me)
        | I've not merged any of the DM updates yet
* Fix 3c515, fealnx printk type warnings (me)
o Fix multi-line string literal in olympic driver (me)
* Fix printk type warnings in tulip (me)
o Document core naming sysctl (Randy Dunlap)
* Fix hd_struct size/offset bugs (Mark Lord)
* Further sym53c416 updates (Bjoern Zeeb)
* Fix ramdisk cache flush (Paul Mundt)
o Fix pnp config.in for make Xconfig (Roman Zippel)
o Correct ncpfs marking of executables (Petr Vandrovec)
o Small matroxfb fixes (Petr Vandrovec)
* Small cleanups for i2o_block so Al can clean (Al Viro)
        up the core block code
* Fix hang at shutdown with offlined disk (Mike Anderson)
* Fix error reporting on scsi offline (Mike Anderson)
* Fix hang on power off with scsi (Mike Anderson)
* Fix typo in pnp.h (Martin Dahl)
* Remove tqueue.h from cycx_main (Adrian Bunk)
o Fix vlsi irda compile (Adrian Bunk)
* Fix hamradio makefile breakage (Adrian Bunk)
o Fix inia100 build (John Fort)
* Fix AX.25 build for ip_proc (Dave Miller)
* Fix aic7xxx Makefile (Inaky Perez-Gonzalez)
o Fix vga16fb (Ben Pfaff)
o Optimise spinlock to Intel recommendation (Manfred Spraul)
o Fix pipe wakeup bug (Manfred Spraul)
o Fix semop 32bit pid handling (Manfred Spraul)
o Fix qlogic1280 build (Jens Axboe)
* Merge BeOS fs (already in 2.4) (Will Dyson,
                                                         Sergey Kostyliov)
* Clean up wan ioctl structures (Krzysztof Halasa)
* Some trident audio takes a long time to (Kenneth Sumrall)
        come up (Hitachi webpad)
* Add DVB api and core (Holger Waechtler)
* Add one DVB driver so people can see how it (Holger Waechtler)
        all fits together
        | This wants further review. There are known things to do yet
        | but its important to get the stuff in since Digital TV is
        | becoming the norm in western europe.
o Print something clueful if menuconfig explodes (Russell King)
o Move BUG() into asm/bug.h (Russell King)
o Report errors unzipping ramdisks (Russell King)
o Support extra weird numeric key on ARM boxes (Russell King)
* Fix missing devexit_p in tulip (Andrey Panin)
o Kill sr_host (Patrick Mansfield)
o S/390 Makefile and Config updates (Martin Scwidefsky)
o S/390 user access fixes (Martin Scwidefsky)
o 31bit emulation fixes for S/390 (Martin Scwidefsky)
o Make S/390 possible cpu map volatile (Martin Scwidefsky)
o Update dasd drivers for S/390 series (Martin Scwidefsky)
o Update ver_linux (Steven Cole)
o Fix blk ioctls on aacraid (Mark Haverkamp)
* Fix SiS IDE build without procfs (Lionel Bouton)
o i386 verify write fixes (Brian Gerst)
* iphase ATM updates (Francois Romieu)
* Update i810-tco to C99 initializers (Wim Van Sebroeck)
* IDE updates for ARM platform (Russell King)
o Fix megaraid build (Mike Anderson)
        | This may change the device order for some folks but it works
        | at least
* Fix in2000 to handle scsi host list change (me)
* Fix ncr53c8xx build (me)
* Fix atp870u build (me)
* Fix nsp32 build (me)
* Fix firewire prototypes (me)

Linux 2.5.42-ac1
        Merge with Linus 2.5.42
* Merge the LVM2 device mapper (Joe Thornber)
- Drop uid16 S/390 bits pending resolution (me)
* Fix iphase build (Adrian Bunk)
* Fix UML build (Kai Germaschewski)
* Fix cpufreq compile (Adrian Bunk)
* Move dead verify_area code from sh port (Brian Gerst)
* Fix missing AIO symbols (Ben LaHaise)
* Fix ATM makefile (Sam Ravnborg)
* Fix esp build (Andres Salmon)
* Fix cifs/jfs symbol name collision (Steve F)
* Update CPIA to match 2.4 tree (Duncan Haldane)
* Fix cifs 64bit and cifs scsi name collision (Steve F)
* Fix a compile of missing sysrq updates (James Simmons)
* Fix sparc timer build (Pete Zaitcev)
* Fix comile without networking (Miles Bader)
* Remove some left over _ret functions (SL Baur)
* Update syncppp code (Paul Fulghum)
* Fix n_hdlc leak (Paul Fulghum)
* Make synclink_cs build again (Paul Fulghum)
* Make synclinkmp build again (Paul Fulghum)
* Make synclink build again (Paul Fulghum)
o Fix NFS symbols for NFS as a module (Olaf Dietsche)
* Fix problem with scsidriver docbook (Joaquim Fellmann)
* Kill dead suspend code in IDE (Pavel Machek)
* Kill unreferenced workqueue define (Pavel Machek)
* Fix swsuspend with discontiguous memory bits (Pavel Machek)
* Fix cpqfc ioctl sense buffer handling (Francis Wiran)
* Sym53c416 from cli to real locking (Bjoern Zeeb)
* Fix a case where sd uses freed memory (Patrick Mansfield)
* Fix p4-clockmod on HT processors (Dominic Brodowski)
* CPUfreq interface update (Dominic Brodowski)
* Fix eicon build (me)
* Restore disconnect field in devices for (me)
        driver use

Linux 2.5.41-ac2
* Fix jffs/jffs2 properly this time (bpbb) (me)
* Fix jffs2 for workqueues (me)
* Next set of i2o_scsi update work (me)
* Do the 2.5 checkup pass on the 3c501 driver (me)
o Add missing exports for file system modules (Nikita Danilov)
        on UML
* Fix ipx proc permission bogosity (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
* Switch appletalk spinlocks to rwlocks (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
* Correct sys_getpid docs (Robert Love)
* SubmittingPatches indent fix (John Levon)
* cciss, cpqarray. rd. hd fixes (Al Viro)
* Fix cpia with gcc 3.2 (Randy Dunlap)
* Use C99 structure initializers in IDE (Art Haas)
* Use C99 structure initializers in HFS (Art Haas)
* Update DMI scanner (Jean Delvare)
* Fix bogus types in ide-cd.h (Skip Ford)
* ns83820 updates (Ben LaHaise)
* AIO updates (Ben LaHaise)
* Beeping and sysrq on m68k (Vojtech Pavlik)
* Improve hid naming (Vojtech Pavlik)
* LSM docs (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Merge UML updates (Jeff Dike)
* Final superblock union cleanup (Brian Gerst)
- Fix atm build/makefile breakage (Adrian Bunk)
* Brlock optimisation (Robert Love)
* Miscellaneous USB updates (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* MPT Fusion update (Pam Delaney)
- Back out sched.c change - seem,s to cause hangs (me)
* Serial compile fix (Russell King)
* S/390 compile fixes (Martin Schwidefsky)
* S/390 workqueue updates (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Switch 3215/3270 from work queue to tasklet (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Update S/390 link scripts (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Remove duplicate S/390 memset (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Fix S/390 syscall tracing (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Multiple 3270 fixes (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Configurable core names (Jes Rahbek Klinke)
X Clean up s/390x 16bit uid calls (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Fix EH locking on NCR5380 (me)
        | Should now work on SMP boxes (badly admittedly)
* Indent wd7000 (no code changes) (me)
* First pass at the in2000 scsi driver (me)
        | New locking, new_eh, address conversion

Linux 2.5.41-ac1
- Merge with Linus 2.5.41
        - Drop S/390 drivers subtree for Linus
        - Drop task queue fixes for schedule_work
        - TODO: merge two sets of conflicting UML changes
        - TODO: double check bluetooth merge
* Fix aacraid makefile (Mark Haverkamp)
* Fix ips compile (Paul Larson)
* Fix aha152x compile (Michel Eyckmans)
* Fix orinoco_cs compile (Wichert Akkerman, Martin Waitz)
* Fix i2o_core compiler (Gregoire Favre)
* Fix missing exports for netfilter
* Fix compile failure in jffs (me)
* Fix compile failure in jffs2 (me)
* Fix Divas_Mod compile (me)
* Fix hisax compile (me)
* Fix ipacx compile (me)
* Fix pcbit compile (me)
* Fix tpam compile (me)
* Fix i2o_lan build (me)
* Fix i2o_proc build (me)
* Fix ppa compile (me)
* Fix imm compile (me)
* Fix ipv6 compile (me)

Linux 2.5.40-ac6
* Cadet_wake can be static (me)
* Bluetooth configuration cleanups (Marcel Holtmann)
o Hardwired empty bar handling fix take two (Ivan Kokshaysky)
* Use kernel crc32 lib for bluetooth (Marcel Holtmann)
* Make scsi cdrom honour passed timeouts (Peter Osterlund)
* Make aironet4500_cs compile (me)
* Fix bugs where ibmtr unmapped the wrong address (me)
* Fix crash problem in oss dmabuf.c (me)
        | Its still very broken but ALSA should replace it
* Fix opl3sa2 warnings (me)
* Make tcic compile again (me)
* Make i82365 also use del_timer_sync (me)
* Fix warnings in fpu emulator (me)
* Fix t128 for NCR5380 changes (me)
* Fix pas16 for NCR5380 changes (me)
* Fix dmx3191 for NCR538 changes (me)
* First pass seagate st02 cleanups (me)
* Clean up de600 driver. Switch to spinlocks (me)
        remove crud, formatting junk etc
        | Still needs rewriting to use parport
* Remove extra unlock in wd7000 (Matthew Wilcox)
* First basic pass at qlogicgas (me)
* Clean up the fdomain isa scsi (me)
* Clean up max_thread setting limits (Matthew Wilcox)
* Ricoh cardbus performance fix (KOMURO)
* Switch appletalk to seq_file /proc (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
* Switch X.25 to seq_file (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
* Fix bugs in the above (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)

Linux 2.5.40-ac5
* Rework S/390 driver init sequences (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Swap immediate_bh for tasklets for s/390 3215 (Martin Schwidefsky)
* UML updates - crash fixes, driver cleanup (Jeff Dike)
        pcap transport
* Switch fmi radio card to sleeping waits (me)
* Fixing missing printk \n in fmi radio (me)
o Update to newer uclinux patch (Greg Ungerer)
        | Unresolved now:
        | fs/exec.c kernel/fork.c procfs sysctl
        | can nommu be folded in (Hch)
* Remove surplus irq_disable from mpt fusion (Carlos Gorges)
* Export gdt for APM (Carlos Gorges)
        | Marked as _GPL because its deep internals stuff
* Merge the add/put disk gendisk changes for i2o (Al Viro)
* Switch NCR5380/g_NCR5380 to new_eh (me)
* Fix cs89x0 netdevice init as module (me)
* Change some of the wd7000 code to use
        udelay and do other cleanups
* Switch wd7000 to new_eh (me)
* Serial driver updates (Russell King)
* Sync bluetooth with 2.4, fix SMP, hotplug (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
        support L2CAP, BNEP, HCI filter etc
* Move firmwareloading to hotplug for bluetooth (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
* Pull hpfs out of shared struct superblock (Brian Gerst)
X Fix sleep with pre-empt disabled in (Manfred Spraul)
        set_cpus_allowed

Linux 2.5.40-ac4
* Make ibm partition code compile again (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Remove unneeded config options on S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Update DASD drivers (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Update S/390 xpram driver (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Replace S/390 BH code by tasklets (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Fix S/390 bitops bugs (Martin Schwidefsky)
* S/390x 31bit emulation fixes (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Update S/390 link scripts (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Add S/390 pre-empt support (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Inline some S/390 old compilers couldnt handle (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Use diag 44 for S/390x spinlocks (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Better S/390 timer handling (Martin Schwidefsky)
* S/390 code cleanups (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Clean up S/390 fpu load/stores (Martin Schwidefsky)
* DECnet updates for testing (Steve Whitehouse)
* Add console shutdown handling to S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Remove some bogus S/390 sanity checks (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Clean up S/390 process irq (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Fix/simplify chpids handling on S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
* No /proc/interrupts on S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Remove now unneeded S/390 hack in init/main.c (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Clean up all the S/390 ptrace handling (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Fix build with local apic enabled (James Bottomley)
* Initial i2o_block merge of 2.4/2.5 code (me)
        | Not yet functional
* Initial i2o_scsi merge of 2.4/2.5 code (me)
        | Needs dma mapping, 64bit, be and new_eh
- Revert Ivan's pci change (breaks serverworks)
* PCI serial oops fix (William Irwin)
* Remove dead wood from unistd.h (Brian Gerst)
o Fix bug in capget (Chris Wright)
* Switch qnxfs to new style initializers (Art Haas)
* Recongize qnx v6 file systems (Anders Larsen)
* Kill off remaining pcibios_ users (Greg "Ninja Turtle" Kroah-Hartmann)
* Fix scsi debug for scsi scan changes (Mike Anderson)
* Fix some bugs in scsi error handling (Mike Andersen)
* Forward port RMK's 2.4 scsi fixes (Mike Andersen)
* Allow longer settle times for scsi reset (Mike Andersen)
* Hopefully improve error policies a bit (Mike Andersen)

Linux 2.5.40-ac3
* Resync telephony drivers with 2.4 (me)
        | Forward port security and other minor fixes
* Fix aironet4500 build for tq changes (me)
* Fix keyspan USB warnings with gcc 3 (me)
* Switch to the newer 2.4 depca driver (me)
* Re-merge depca fixes from 2.5.0->2.5.40]
* Fix depca spinning waiting for irq probe (me)
* Fix depca copy with interrupts off (me)
* Fix depca clash with other ALIGN macros (me)
* Initial port of NCR5380/g_NCR5380 to new locks (me)
        | This still needs new_eh, further clean up
        | and possibly making NCR5380_main a thread
* Initial locking rework for the wd7000 scsi (me)
        | Still needs new_eh
* Update jffs to the dequeue_signal changes (me)
* Update jffs2 to the dequeue_signal changes (me)
* Fix shpnt misuse in NCR53c406a, wrong free_irq (me)
* Update NCR53c406a to new style sglist (me)
        | Still needs new_eh
* Architecture updates for S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Include updates for S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Base S/390 driver updates (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Add the new syscalls to S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
* Fix sleeping with locks in sound_core (Jaroslav Kysela)
* Fix oops on shutdown of cs4281 (Suresh Siddha)
* Fix cdrom paths in devfs (Jordan Breeding)
* Fix missing cache tag entry in intel cpu table (Jean Delvare)
* Remove old 2.2 compatibility pci functions (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Clean up some dead devfs bits (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Fix an oops in the hugetblpage stuff (Andrew Morton)
        | Its still a stupid idea but now it doesnt oops
X Handle read only BARs with type bits set (Ivan Kokshaysky)

Linux 2.5.40-ac2
* Fix a cut and paste error in the amd rng docs (Troels Hansen)
* Forward port OSS maestro3 fixes for toughbook
* Forward port ramdisk cache coherency
* RTL8150 USB updates (Petko Manalov)
* Fix corega USB ident (Petko Manalov)
* USB keyboard driver fix (Dave Miller)
* USB prototype fix (Luc Vanoostenryck)
* USB string fixes (cip307@cip.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de)
* USB test driver (David Brownell)
* Speedtouch USB driver fixes (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Clean environment for hotplug (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
* Fix mprotect oops (Hugh Dickins)
* NUMA-Q cleanups (Martin Dobson)
* Split timers into one x86 timer type per file (John Stultz)
* Cyclone timer support for x440 etc (John Stultz)
* Fix sleeping from illegal context for ioperm (Andrew Morton)
* Fix imm compile (bonganilinux@mweb.co.za)
* Fix irda for tq changes (Carlos Gorges)
* Fix xjack telephony build (Carlos Gorges)
* Fix ppa compile (Carlos Gorges)
* Fix aha152x compile for tq changes (Carlos Gorges)
* Fix hamradio drivers for tq changes (Carlos Gorges)
* Fix plip driver for tq changes (Carlos Gorges)
* Fix mpt fusion for tq changes (Carlos Gorges)
* Fix isdn for tq changes (Carlos Gorges)
* Fix ieee1394 for tq changes (Carlos Gorges)
* Fix new timer code to build with cpufreq on (me)
* Fix capi build for new tq_ code (me)
        | ISDN still needs moving to real locks
        | this just cleans up one item
* Fix missing header in mtdblock_ro (Carlos Gorges)
* Fix a typo and other header (me)
* Fix up ixj_pcmcia for 2.5 (me)
        | Note for janitors - it looks like a lot of the pcmcia release
        | code people "fixed" should be using del_timer_sync not del_timer
* Fix missing header in longhaul cpu speed driver (me)
* Pipe read/write cleanup (Manfred Spraul)
* Make IDE PCI config text clearer (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)

Linux 2.5.40-ac1
* Initial port of aacraid driver to 2.5 (me)
* vfat corruption fix (Petr Vandrovec)
* Clean up firestream warnings (Francois Romieu)
+ Voyager support (James Bottomley)
* Fix split_vma (Hugh Dickins)
+ Fix config in video subdirectory (John Levon)
* Update olympic driver to 2.5 (Mike Phillips)
* Fix sg init error (Mike Anderson)
* Fix Rules.make
o Merge most of ucLinux stuff (Greg Ungerer)
        | It needs putting somewhere so we can pick over the
        | hard bits left
        | Q: Wouldn't drivers/char/mem-nommu.c be better
        | Q: How to do the procfs stuff tidily
        | Q: Wouldn't it be nicer to move all mm or mmnommu specific ksyms
        | int the relevant mm/*.c file area instead of kernel/ksyms
        | Q: Why ifdef out overcommit - its even easier to account on
        | MMUless and useful info
* Stick tulip back under 10/100 ethernet (me)
* Correct docs for IBM touchpad back to how (me)
        they were before
* Fix abuse of set_bit in winbond-840 (me)
* Fix abuse of set_bit in atp (me)