ext3 recovery

From: Andrei Ivanov (andrei.ivanov@ines.ro)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 12:13:51 EST

Hello, I have an ext3 formated partition on a harddrive that just got tons
of badblocks and I'm trying to recover as much data as possible from that
partition.
If I try e2fsck /dev/hdb3 I get this error:

e2fsck 1.32 (09-Nov-2002)
Group descriptors look bad... trying backup blocks...
e2fsck: Invalid argument while checking ext3 journal for /

So I tried to remove the journal and make e2fsck treat the partition as an
ext2 one, but no luck, although tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/hdb3 doesn't
give me any message, except it's version string.

If I pass fsck the backup superblock myself, it still refuses to run:
e2fsck -b 32768 /dev/hdb3
e2fsck: Invalid argument while checking ext3 journal for /

Attached you will find some info (dmesg and hdparm). If you need any more
info, tell me.

Please advise, what can I do now ?
Thank you