Re: make distclean and make dep??

From: Kai Germaschewski (kai@tp1.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 10:35:53 EST

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Nicolas Pitre wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Andreas Steinmetz wrote:
>
> > Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> > >
> > > Since they are equal I removed the help for the less used version.
> >
> > Not so nice. /me e.g. is used to distclean, never used mrproper and
> > distclean is a standard target in most projects, so people are probably
> > more used to distclean than mrproper which is kernel specific.

I think there's good reasons for both distclean and mrproper, distclean is
the standard target which most projects use, and mrproper is the
traditional Linux kernel target. So I would vote for keeping them both
(and share a common help entry).

What I don't see is why we would need different semantics, though,
anybody?

--Kai