Re: Bugzilla bug tracking database for 2.5 now available.

From: Timothy D. Witham (wookie@osdl.org)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 13:57:17 EST

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 10:21, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
> >> The bugzilla database we proposed earlier is now available for
> >> use, hosted by OSDL.
> >>
> >> http://bugme.osdl.org
> >
> > I forgot to mention, it would IMO speed acceptance and increase usage
> > if this was a vendor-neutral URL, like 'bugzilla.kernel.org'...
>
> Though OSDL may be funded by a group of large companies, in practice
> they're vendor neutral for this sort of thing. I suspect any requests
> to Tim to remove all hardware categories that wasn't from vendor X,
> or anything equally ridiculous would just result in a hefty poke in
> the eye ;-) Also, I think it's polite to give them the recognition they
> deserve for hosting the site, and providing the machine in runs on.

  I suspect that there would be blood on the Internet before that
sort of request would get through.

  Of course a link from bugzilla,kernel.org is easy. :-)

> I believe we have a common goal here ... to get 2.6 to be released in
> a timely fashion, and to be as stable as possible.

  Works for me.

> M.
>
> -

Timothy D. Witham - Lab Director - wookie@osdlab.org
Open Source Development Lab Inc - A non-profit corporation
15275 SW Koll Parkway - Suite H - Beaverton OR, 97006
(503)-626-2455 x11 (office)    (503)-702-2871     (cell)
(503)-626-2436     (fax)