Re: Bugzilla bug tracking database for 2.5 now available.

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 10:31:02 EST

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 11:11:47PM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
> From: "Martin J. Bligh" <mbligh@aracnet.com>
> Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:35:47 -0800
>
> wouldn't you rather know of the breakage sooner rather
> than later?
>
> It means I have to track multiple source trees, no thanks.
> I have enough trouble keeping up with what is actually
> in Linus's tree.

This may or may not help but it seems relevant. BK has uniq names for
each changeset, we're fixing BK/Web so you can use the uniq names instead
of the revs (which change out from under you).

So it should be possible to link the bug report with a changeset in Linus'
tree if you want.

It's worth pointing out that if you can see the bug in a particular version
of Linus' tree then *everyone* can see it by getting a copy of the tree
as of that cset. BK guarentees that if you clone -r<rev> then you'll see
exactly what anyone else saw as of that cset.

--
---