Dead & Dying interfaces

From: Matthew Wilcox (willy@debian.org)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 13:47:25 EST

We forgot to remove a lot of crap interfaces during 2.5 development.
Let's start a list now so we don't forget during 2.7.

This list is a combination of interfaces which have gone during 2.5 and
interfaces that should go during 2.7. Think of it as a `updating your
driver/filesystem to sane code' guide.

sleep_on, sleep_on_timeout, interruptible_sleep_on,
        interruptible_sleep_on_timeout
 -> use wait_event interfaces

flush_page_to_ram
 -> Documentation/cachetlb.txt

cli, sti, save_flags
 -> Documentation/cli-sti-removal.txt

pcibios_*
 -> Documentation/pci.txt

virt_to_bus, bus_to_virt
 -> Documentation/DMA-mapping.txt

check_region
 -> Just use request_region and handle the failure

kmap
 -> Use kmap_atomic instead

task queues
 -> work queues