Re: Bugzilla bug tracking database for 2.5 now available.

From: Martin J. Bligh (mbligh@aracnet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 15:28:41 EST

> A way to get around this is to create 3-level component list (as opposed
> to 2-level currently: category and components). This 3-level component
> list would go like this:
>
> Product --> Category --> Component

I'm not sure we really want this to be 3-level as that'd involve
replicating all the categories underneath. The OpSys field type
suggestion as an independant field would be nice, but the Bugzilla
code will need some tweaking to support possibly different default
owners dependant on that field.

For now, Jon has created us an "Alternate trees" category, with "ac"
and "mm" components, with appropriate text in the template to encourage
people to file bugs that happen (only) on those trees under the
"tree-specific" categories, and we can move bugs out from there if
need be. Hopefully that will make people happier for now, there may
be a cleaner solution long-term, but that needs more thought and more
work.

M.