Patch(2.5.48): Restore module device ID tables

From: Adam J. Richter (adam@yggdrasil.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 11:28:57 EST

        linux-2.5.48 temporarily (according to the ChangeLog) loses
support for module device ID tables. There are used so that the right
modules will be loaded for your PCI and, USB devices (for example)
without needing to maintain custom configuration files.

        This patch ameliorates this loss by restoring the
MODULE_{DEVICE,GENERIC}_TABLE macros. This way, you can run the
existing depmod program, and it will build the approprite device ID
files. I have verified that compiling drivers/net/rrunner.o,
installing it and running depmod results in a sensible looking entry
in modules.pcimap. I am attempting to build a boot a system based on
Rusty Rusell's module-init tools and Keith Owen's depmod, but I may
not be able to return to that task until later in the day, so I'm
posting this patch now.

--
Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   575 Oroville Road
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  Milpitas, California 95035